Adopt your favorite spot today!
If you have ever looked out your window or taken a walk outside and been frustrated by the amount of litter lying around, consider adopting a spot near your home or business today to help create a cleaner and more vibrant community.
The Adopt-A-Spot program is an easy way to make a noticeable difference in your community. If you are an individual, community group, business, or school you can adopt a spot near you by volunteering a few hours in the year to create a better environment.
We will provide free resources and tools to help and you will receive an adoption certificate to proudly display your care for the community. Cleanup supplies like safety vests, gloves, and litter grabbers can be borrowed from KDWB if enough notice is given. Trash bags are also available thanks to a generous sponsorship by GLAD through Keep America Beautiful.
Our first groups to commit to four cleanups a year in the Adopt-A-Spot program will receive a coupon valid for a free box of a dozen original glazed doughnuts though a sponsorship supported by Krispy Kreme. All Adopt-A-Spot participants will be recognized on our website as well as our social media outlets @keepdaltonwhitfieldbeautiful.
How can I adopt a spot?
1. Choose a public site to do regular clean-ups. Potential spots could include your street, a park, waterway, or trail.
2. Complete an application for adoption by clicking on the guide provided above and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to P.O. Box 3392 Dalton, GA 30721-9998.
3. Wait to receive confirmation to schedule your clean-up dates and coordinate supply pickup/drop off.
4. Report after each pick up using the online form below.
5. Enjoy your clean community and a job well done!
Request Clean-Up Supplies (Limited Time Offer!)
Submit an Adopt-a-Spot Report:
(This form is only for organizations that are already registered with the Keep Dalton-Whitfield Beautiful program.) Your information is combined with the other teams at the end of the year for the final Adopt-a-Spot report and the Adopt-a-Mile reports to determine how much litter was eliminated from the community. Together we are making a difference!
Please send your group photos via e-mail to: email@example.com. Photos are usually posted on the Keep Dalton-Whitfield Beautiful Facebook page as a way to recognize your team for doing a volunteer even