2017 School Beautification Grant Project Summary Report Form
Introduction: Keep Dalton-Whitfield Beautiful’s committee for Beautification and Community Greening once again congratulates the ten recipients of the third annual National Planting Day mini-grant. Schools from the Dalton/Whitfield area were invited to apply for funding to help implement a project related to beautification. Beautification grants ranged from a minimum of $100 to a maximum of $250.
Applications were due on Friday, September 8, 2017, and winners were announced on September 15. Projects should take place in the fall and be completed no later than Friday, December 1, 2017. Project summaries and photos are due no later than Tuesday, December 19, 2017.
Below is a list of schools that were awarded a grant and the name of the their project.
1. Blue Ridge Elementary School: Bringing New Life to Our Garden
2. Dalton Middle School: Pollinator Garden for Bird Sanctuary
3. Park Creek School: STEAM Garden Georgia Style
4. Dalton High School: Renovation Recovery!
5. Northwest Georgia College and Career Academy and Phoenix High School: School Beautification
6. Antioch Elementary School: Courtyard Beautification
7. Morris Innovative High School: First Impressions
8. Tunnel Hill Elementary: Recreating the LeVerne Damron Reading Garden
9. Dalton Institute of Esthetics and Cosmetology: Bringing the Beauty from Within to the Surface
10. Roan School: Garden Club Pollinator Project
Project Summary Overview: Grantees will submit a short project summary that will include volunteer hours, actual costs, list of other organizations involved, evaluation of project meeting the goal/purpose intended, and before and after photos. Certificates of participation for students are available upon request - a list of student names must be sent in with the summary. For questions about or issues with the summary report call executive director Liz Swafford at 706-278-5001 or e-mail: email@example.com.
Project Summary Report Form:
Please fill out the following form to officially complete your project and mini-grant requirements. Information provided may be used in the press release showcasing project results in late December.
Project photos must be e-mailed separately. Please submit your project photos by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. At a minimum we want to see a before and after photo of the site that was beautified. Additional photos of students working on the project, or a group photo are also encouraged.