Keep Dalton-Whitfield Beautiful
Endowment Fund Challenge 2016
Keep Dalton-Whitfield Beautiful has accepted a matching grant challenge for $50,000 to establish an endowment fund with the Community Foundation of Northwest Georgia!
We are half way to meeting the goal of $50,000 by the end of 2016
- will you help us make it all the way?
helping to create a vibrant community...
END LITTERING: We educate residents to #LiveLitterFree. Provide opportunities to volunteer with programs like Adopt-a-Mile. Support local organization with free clean-up supplies for events.
IMPROVE RECYCLING: We host an annual collection event for electronics and live Christmas tree recycling. Celebrate America Recycles Day on November 15.
BEAUTIFY COMMUNITIES: We enable schools to plant trees, flowers, and shrubs, with beautification grants. Partner with the annual Conasauga Watershed cleanup event. Create public art with an environmental message.
request an endowment fund letter:
donate today by mail:
Make checks payable to:
Keep Dalton-Whitfield Beautiful
Keep Dalton-Whitfield Beautiful / Endowment 2016
P.O. BOX 3392, DALTON GA 30719-3392
ENDOWMENT: Proceeds from the endowment fund will go towards events and educational campaigns, not staffing or office space, ensuring your donation will be used to fulfill our mission: end littering, improve recycling, and beautify communities.
LOCAL FOCUS: Keep Dalton-Whitfield Beautiful is run by a volunteer board of directors who live and work in the City of Dalton and Whitfield County.
LASTING SUPPORT: Gifts to the endowment provide support year after year ensuring that the mission to create a vibrant community continues.
ABOUT US: Keep Dalton-Whitfield Beautiful began in 1989 as the Dalton-Whitfield Clean and Beautiful Commission. About two years later it became an official Keep America Beautiful affiliate. The organization is now an independent non-profit with the same mission - to engage local residents in creating a more vibrant community for everyone.
'Dalton Beautiful' is an affiliate of Keep America Beautiful and the Keep Georgia Beautiful Foundation. We're proud to join them in advancing education and collective action to ensure that beauty is our lasting legacy.
Thank you to the following individuals and organizations for sponsoring Keep Dalton-Whitfield Beautiful for 2016:
- Shaw Industries
- Strain Family Charitable Foundation
- Textile Rubber & Chemical Co., Inc.
- Global Textile Services
- Lyle Industries
- First Bank of Dalton
- Laughter & Jones Financial Management
- Textile & Industrial Sales
- Controlled Products, LLC.
- The Andersen Company
- AllChem, LLC.
- Southern Chemical & Textiles, Inc.
- Coldwell Banker Kinard Realty
- Flash Graphics
- Mr. Randy Beckler
- The Oakwood Inc.
- Purvis Marketing
- Love Funeral Home, Inc.
- Adcock Financial Services
- Challenger Industries, Inc.
About Keep Dalton-Whitfield Beautiful
Keep Dalton-Whitfield Beautiful, Inc. (KDWB) is your local Keep America Beautiful affiliate dedicated to creating a vibrant community by engaging individuals to take greater responsibility for their local environment. KDWB board members and volunteers focus on activities that promote Litter Prevention, Beautification, and Waste Reduction and Recycling.
The Dalton-Whitfield Solid Waste Authority supports KDWB both philosophically and financially to promote environmental education in local schools and the community. This website is sponsored by the Authority.
- Christmas Tree and Electronics Recycling in January
- Adopt-A-Mile clean ups four times a year
- Great American Clean Up events during March, April, May
- Earth Day on April 22
- International Compost Awareness Week in May
- Conasauga Watershed Cleanup during Make a Difference Day in late October
- Community Planting Day in conjunction with National Planting Day
- Beautification Mini-Grants for local schools in honor of National Planting Day
- America Recycles Day on November 15
- Year Round Education Campaign "Love it, don't trash it!"
To participate with Keep Dalton-Whitfield Beautiful contact Liz Swafford, Executive Director, by e-mail: email@example.com or by phone: 706-226-6211 or 706-278-5001.