Thank you to our 2015 Program Sponsors
- The Strain Family Foundation
- Global Textile Services
- Jack Bandy
- Anna Sue and Bob Shaw Foundation
- Shaw Industries
- Brown-Whitworth Foundation
- Dalton-Whitfield Solid Waste Authority
- Dalton Utilities
- Textile & Industrial Sales, Inc.
- The Andersen Company
- The Bailey Company
- Lyle Industries
- First Bank of Dalton
- Controlled Products
- Brooks Rizer
- Adcock Financial Services
- BB&T Bank
- Will and Marla Pridgen
Recent News & Events:
2014 Adopt - a - Mile Participants:
Keep Dalton-Whitfield Beautiful wants to recognize the following organizations for their efforts in 2014:
- Carpet Capital Running Club
- Dalton Elks Lodge
- J & J Flooring Group
- Dalton Utilities
- Styron, LLC
- Christ the King Lutheran Church
- Dalton State College Environmental Club
- Textile Rubber & Chemical
- Cohutta Bank (Dug Gap Rd. location)
- Shaw Plant WD (Abutment Rd., Information Services Dept.)
- Georgia Power (Abutment Rd. location)
- Whitfield County 4-H
- Sheldon & Alicia Tipton
- Dave & Anita Mayo
- Girl Scout Troup 8181
- United Way Youth Council
- Kiwanis Club of Dalton
- Highlands Garden Club
- Tandus Centiva
- Cross Plains Community Partners
Keep Dalton-Whitfield Beautiful has a new anti-litter slogan!
Thanks to everyone who sent in their slogan ideas, which were collected thru June 28, 2015. The Litter Prevention committee reviewed the submissions (almost 50 of them!) and narrowed it down to three slogans in July, then reviewed ad samples in early August.
On August 19 the group chose the final version of the slogan, "Love it, don't trash it!" and the hashtag #LiveLitterFree. Both phrases were slight variations on slogans submitted by Eli Miranda and Robert Fernandez. You'll be hearing and seeing more about the new anti-litter slogan this fall and thru 2016.
Keep Dalton-Whitfield Beautiful, Inc. (KDWB) is your local Keep America Beautiful affiliate dedicated to creating a vibrant community by engaging individuals to take greater responsibility for their local environment. KDWB board members and volunteers focus on activities that promote Litter Prevention, Beautification, and Waste Reduction and Recycling.
The Dalton-Whitfield Solid Waste Authority supports KDWB both philosophically and financially to promote environmental education in local schools and the community.
- Christmas Tree and Electronics Recycling in January (also called Bring One For The Chipper)
- Adopt-A-Mile clean ups four times a year
- Bulky Waste Round Up! in April (formerly Community Pride Day)
- Great American Clean Up events during March, April, May
- Earth Day on April 22
- International Compost Awareness Week in May
- Eek-o-Friendly Costume Swap and Green Halloween Gazebo during National Costume Swap Day in early October
- Conasauga Watershed Cleanup during Make a Difference Day in late October
- Community Planting Day in conjunction with National Planting Day
- America Recycles Day on November 15
To participate with Keep Dalton-Whitfield Beautiful contact Liz Swafford, Executive Director, by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 706-226-6211 or 706-278-5001.