Keep Dalton-Whitfield Beautiful
You're invited to volunteer at the 20th Annual Conasauga River Watershed Cleanup on Saturday, October 25, 2014. This is a wonderful community event that takes place during United Ways' Make a Difference Day.
Keep Dalton-Whitfield Beautiful, Inc. (KDWB) is your local Keep America Beautiful affiliate dedicated to engaging individuals to take greater responsibility for their community environment. KDWB board members and volunteers focus on activities that promote Litter Prevention, Beautification, and Waste Reduction and Recycling.
The Dalton-Whitfield Solid Waste Authority supports KDWB both philosophically and financially to promote environmental education in local schools and the community.
- Christmas Tree Recycling in January with Bring One For The Chipper
- Adopt-A-Mile clean ups four times a year
- Bulky Waste Round Up! in April (formerly Community Pride Day)
- Great American Clean Up events from March to May
- Participation in local Earth Day events
- International Compost Awareness Week in May
- Eek-o-Friendly Costume Swap and Green Halloween Gazebo during National Costume Swap Day in early October
- Conasauga Watershed Cleanup during Make a Difference Day in late October
- Community Planting Day in conjunction with National Planting Day
- America Recycles Day on November 15
To participate with Keep Dalton-Whitfield Beautiful contact Liz Swafford, Executive Director, by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 706-226-6211 or 706-278-5001.
Subscribe to the Keep Dalton-Whitfield Beautiful e-Newsletter for volunteer opportunities and program updates. Like our page on Facebook for green living tips, and more.
Adopt - a - Mile Participants:
Keep Dalton-Whitfield Beautiful wants to recognize the following organizations for actively participating in the local Adopt-a-Mile program:
- Carpet Capitol Running Club
- Dalton Elks Lodge
- J & J Flooring Group
- Dalton Utilities
- Styron, LLC
- Christ the King Lutheran Church
- Dalton State College Environmental Club
- Textile Rubber & Chemical
- Cohutta Bank (Dug Gap Rd. location)
- Shaw Plant WD (Abutment Rd., Information Services Dept.)
- Georgia Power (Abutment Rd. location)
- Whitfield County 4-H
- Sheldon & Alicia Tipton
- Dave & Anita Mayo
- Girl Scout Troup 8181
- United Way Youth Council
- Kiwanis Club of Dalton
- Highlands Garden Club
Does your organization, club, group, or family want to Adopt a Mile? Click here to download the information packet and forms.
Recent News & Events From Keep Dalton-Whitfield Beautiful:
Make Recycling at Work even better with the program guide from Keep America Beautiful: RecyclingatWork.org